Archiving old community updates is useful for getting old, unnecessary information out of the community updates section of a Recovers page. This helps keep the site fresh and uncluttered for visitors.
NOTE: Archiving community updates DOES NOT delete them, it just removes them from the front page. Archived community updates are still viewable through the “all updates” page.
Who has access: Organizers
What: Remove old updates or past events from the front page
Where: From the “Edit Post” page
How: Select “Archive” from the “Edit Post” page
How to do it
- Ensure you are signed in as an organizer.
- Click on the “Edit” button next to a community update to get to the Edit Update page. You can do this through the front page, or on the All Updates page.
- Click on the button the drop down box that says “Published” and select “Archived”.
- Click on the “Update” button.
If you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with us at email@example.com.
After working in several disaster recovery efforts, we noticed that each organization (church, NGO, or government agency), plays their own role in a recovery effort. Some churches focus specifically on cleaning up debris, some NGO’s focus solely on collecting donations, and some government agencies focus on public safety announcements. Connecting all of the organizations on the same system improves the resilience of the community and will help the town recovery faster in future emergencies.
During many recovery efforts, there are several community admins helping meet the NEEDS in the database at the same time. This can cause an issue if several admins are trying to reach out and contact the same NEED at the same time, a redundant and wasteful effort. This is why we have developed our new feature of locking needs.
This past week, we released another new feature for the community organizers using our Recovers.org online toolkit: Community Featured Image.
Where is it?
You can think of this image as the “profile picture” of your community. It appears in two places:
- On the upper left corner of your community’s homepage at [yourtown].recovers.org
- On the Recovers Communities page at recovers.org/communities
How Can I Change It?